- Contagious 3 PCR detects contagious organisms M. bovis, Strep ag., and Staph aureus. Complete 16 PCR detects contagious and environmental organisms that cause over 95% of mastitis cases.
- PCR detection effective on DHI or hand-stripped milk samples from treated, fresh or late lactation cows
- Pool up to five samples for cost-effective screening. Split positive pools to test individual samples
- Convenient testing strategies:
- High SCC samples focus on cows most likely to be positive
- Fresh cows to optimize detection and minimize herd impact
- Hospital pen to monitor infection status and verify clearance before reintroduction
- Bulk tank or groups to provide ongoing surveillance
- Milk (fresh, frozen or preserved)
- Available within 48 hours of sample processing
- Only organisms detected are indicated. If no organisms are detected, result is reported as Undetected with a Negative final result.
- Results are reported as Negative or Positive. Positive results are given a categorical assessment of + (low), ++ (intermediate), or +++ (high) based on CT values.
- Contagious 3: $27/test
- Complete 16: $35/test
- Pooling: add $1.00/sample
- Testing billed upon sample receipt